- To learn about implementing healthcare delivery connected to strategy, read in Essentials of Strategic Planning in Healthcare:
- Chapter 10: Strategic Planning and Post-acute Care Services
- Chapter 11: Strategic Planning in Health Systems
- Chapter 12: Pay for Performance and the Healthcare Value Paradigm
- Create an 8-10 slide PowerPoint presentation with relevant graphics titled “Strategy Issues in Healthcare Delivery” and address the following concepts:
- As Warren Buffet stated, “Price is what you pay. Value is what you get.” Does this apply to pay for performance approaches to physician compensation? Present a few thoughts on pros and cons of physician pay for performance compensation.
- The number of hospitals in the U.S. has only marginally increased since 1999, however, the number of hospitals affiliated with systems has increased significantly (Harrison, 2016).
- Review the discussion of hospital mergers and acquisitions in Essentials of Strategic Planning in Healthcare, pages 214-215. Communicate how mergers and acquisitions may be changing the face of healthcare delivery within the nation. How do these changes impact the day-to-day work of hospital employees?
- Read Essentials of Strategic Planning in Healthcare, pages 218-220. Discuss the importance of strategic planning at the health system level in the merger and acquisition environment. How might system-level leaders effectively engage in these planning processes?
- Dr. Debra Harrison stated, “In a culture where there is trust, respect and a moral foundation, the young can grow and the elderly thrive.” How does the network of post-acute care services illustrated in Exhibit 10.1 demonstrate a system supportive of growth and thriving across the generations?
- Review the healthcare quality discussion from Essentials of Strategic Planning in Healthcare (pages 234-242) and discuss quality assurance approaches presently taken within your own healthcare organization
How to solve
Strategic Planning and Post-acute Care Services, health and medicine homework help Nursing Assignment Help
Introduction: In this assignment, we will be discussing various aspects of healthcare delivery and strategy. We will be referring to the book “Essentials of Strategic Planning in Healthcare” and creating a PowerPoint presentation discussing the concepts related to strategy issues in healthcare delivery. Additionally, we will be addressing the pros and cons of physician pay for performance compensation, the impact of mergers and acquisitions on healthcare delivery, the importance of strategic planning in the merger and acquisition environment, and the network of post-acute care services. Lastly, we will discuss healthcare quality assurance approaches.
Answer 1: The implementation of healthcare delivery connected to strategy can be learned through the book “Essentials of Strategic Planning in Healthcare,” specifically, in Chapter 10, Chapter 11, and Chapter 12. These chapters provide an in-depth understanding of strategic planning and post-acute care services, healthcare systems, pay for performance, and healthcare value paradigm.
Answer 2: To address the concept of pay for performance compensation, we can reference Warren Buffet’s quote, “Price is what you pay. Value is what you get.” When it comes to physician pay for performance compensation, the pros include the possibility of improved quality of care, patient satisfaction, and cost savings. On the other hand, the cons include the potential for decreased patient satisfaction, overemphasis on specific healthcare measures at the expense of other important aspects of care, and the possibility of encouraging “teaching to the test.”
Answer 3: Hospital mergers and acquisitions can significantly alter healthcare delivery in the nation. According to the book “Essentials of Strategic Planning in Healthcare,” the number of hospitals affiliated with systems has increased significantly since 1999. This can impact the day-to-day work of hospital employees, including changes in the organizational structure, redundancies, and the possibility of new and improved services. Strategic planning at the health system level is crucial in the merger and acquisition environment. System-level leaders can effectively engage in these planning processes by developing a clear mission and vision, identifying key stakeholders, and addressing any potential conflicts.
Answer 4: The network of post-acute care services illustrated in Exhibit 10.1 demonstrates a system supportive of growth and thriving across generations. It allows individuals of all ages to receive care that meets their specific needs, whether they are recovering from an injury or illness or require long-term care. This approach fosters a sense of community and promotes the well-being of individuals in various stages of life.
Answer 5: Healthcare quality assurance approaches vary depending on the organization. However, as per the discussion in “Essentials of Strategic Planning in Healthcare,” some approaches to quality assurance include accreditation, regulatory requirements, guidelines, performance measurements, and benchmarking. These approaches can help healthcare organizations ensure that they are providing safe, effective, and high-quality care to their patients.