The overall goal of the Session Long Project in this course is to examine health care delivery in the United States from a personal perspective and provide recommendations for improvements.
Please view the following videos:
HPCAtube. (2012, April 25). What is a community health center? [Video file]. Retrieved from
For the Module 3 SLP, conduct some preliminary research on a Patient Centered Medical Home, Ambulatory Care, Community Health Centers, Complementary and Alternative Medicine, or Mental Health facility in your state. Create a 12- to 15-slide PowerPoint presentation (not including the title or reference slides) covering your selected facility in your state. In your presentation, answer the following:
- Which populations (e.g., adults, children, or older adults) and what conditions/diseases are targeted?
- Who are the participating payers?
- What type of insurance product (e.g., HMO or PPO) do the participating payers include?
- Who are the participating providers? (List only the type of providers, such as hospitals or community health centers.)
- How are the participating providers reimbursed?
In your final slides, you are to make recommendations for the future of health care delivery of the facility that you selected. The recommendations are to be vividly supported on scholarly sources.
Expert Solution Preview
In this assignment, students are tasked with conducting research on a specific healthcare facility in their state and creating a PowerPoint presentation to analyze and evaluate its operations. The facility options include Patient Centered Medical Homes, Ambulatory Care Centers, Community Health Centers, Complementary and Alternative Medicine facilities, or Mental Health facilities. The presentation should address the targeted populations and conditions/diseases, participating payers and insurance products, participating providers, and the reimbursement methods for the selected facility. Additionally, students are expected to provide evidence-based recommendations for the future of healthcare delivery in their chosen facility.
The chosen facility for this presentation is a Community Health Center in the state of [insert state name]. Here are the answers to the questions posed:
1. Which populations (e.g., adults, children, or older adults) and what conditions/diseases are targeted?
– The Community Health Center in [insert state name] primarily targets underserved populations, including low-income individuals and families, uninsured or underinsured individuals, immigrants, and minority groups. The center focuses on providing comprehensive primary care services to address a wide range of conditions and diseases, including but not limited to chronic diseases, infectious diseases, maternal and child health, and behavioral health issues.
2. Who are the participating payers?
– The participating payers at the Community Health Center in [insert state name] include Medicaid, Medicare, private health insurance plans, and state-funded programs for low-income individuals. These payers aim to increase access to healthcare services for vulnerable populations and provide financial assistance for medical expenses.
3. What type of insurance product (e.g., HMO or PPO) do the participating payers include?
– The participating payers at the Community Health Center in [insert state name] include a mix of insurance products, such as Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) plans, Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) plans, and Medicaid managed care organizations. These insurance products offer different levels of coverage and network options, catering to the diverse needs of the patient population.
4. Who are the participating providers? (List only the type of providers, such as hospitals or community health centers.)
– The participating providers at the Community Health Center in [insert state name] include primary care physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, nurses, social workers, counselors, and other allied healthcare professionals. These providers collaborate to deliver comprehensive and integrated care services to the patients.
5. How are the participating providers reimbursed?
– The participating providers at the Community Health Center in [insert state name] are typically reimbursed using a combination of funding sources. This includes fee-for-service reimbursements from insurance plans, government grants and contracts, sliding fee scales based on patients’ income levels, and supplemental funding from charitable foundations or community organizations. The center strives to maintain financial sustainability while ensuring affordable care for all patients.
In conclusion, the Community Health Center in [insert state name] targets underserved populations and addresses various conditions/diseases. The participating payers include Medicaid, Medicare, private health insurance plans, and state-funded programs. A mix of insurance products like HMO and PPO plans are offered. The participating providers comprise various healthcare professionals who collaborate to provide comprehensive care. Providers at the center receive reimbursements through fee-for-service, government grants, sliding fee scales, and supplemental funding. Scholarly-supported recommendations will be provided in the final slides to improve the future delivery of healthcare services at the chosen Community Health Center.