In this assignment, you will continue to develop the Methods section of your proposed proposal. The focus of the current assignment is continued to refine previously submitted sections of the proposal and to describe a plan to evaluate the impact of the project. You will provide a description of measures and procedures you will use to collect data including descriptions of valid/reliable tools from the literature (if indicated), drafts of data collection forms such as survey instruments, drafts of data management tools such as coded Excel spreadsheets, and the proposed data analysis plan. If you plan to use an established instrument, you will also need to show proof of permission to use the form from the author and incorporated this permission in the Appendix of proposal document.
The current submission will include the following:
- Working draft of the proposal that incorporates Faculty Project Advisor recommendations for previously submitted work. Ensure reference lists and appendices are updated.
- Outcome measures selected to evaluated the process and outcomes of the interventions (How you will evaluate the impact of the intervention on processes, individuals, clinical outcomes, system delivery, etc… This may include economic analyses.)
- Description of each measure and rationale for selecting the measure which may include economic indicators such as cost savings, personnel outcomes such as retention, or patient care outcomes such as length of stay or customer experience.
- Operational definition of each measure in this project
- Validity and reliability information of measures if known.
- Include any tools or surveys you will used to gather outcome data. Make mention of the tools in the text description of the outcome measures and make mention of availability of the survey or other instrument in the Appendices. Add copies of the outcome measures to the Appendices. Also, don’t forget to cite the tool in text and references and to add any citations to your reference list. Again, if an established tool, show proof of permission to use the instrument.
- Data collection procedures
- Description of the specific process you will use to collect data (who, what, when, where, how)
- Include spreadsheets you will use to aggregate and manage data in the Appendices. Refer the reader to the availability of the data collection form in the text.
- Data Analysis Plan
- Description of processes you will use to analyze data (frequency counts, percent
Expert Solution Preview
In accordance with the assignment, the present answer will provide a description of measures and procedures that will be used to collect data, including the validation and reliability of the tools from the literature. It will also provide drafts of data collection forms, data management tools such as coded Excel spreadsheets, and a proposed data analysis plan.
To evaluate the impact of the intervention on processes, individuals, clinical outcomes, and system delivery, economic analyses will be conducted. The economic indicators such as cost savings, personnel outcomes such as retention, and patient care outcomes such as length of stay or customer experience will be evaluated as well. The measures that will be used include:
1. The Net Promoter Score will be used to measure patient satisfaction, which will help to calculate the overall customer experience. It is a reliable and valid measure used to calculate the willingness of the patients to recommend the hospital’s services to others.
2. Length of stay will be measured in days at the hospital. The operational definition of this measure for this project is the number of days that a patient stays admitted in the hospital from admission to discharge.
3. Cost savings will be measured by calculating the variance in costs associated with the intervention, such as the investment made in implementing the interventions, including staff training and the cost of the intervention’s tools.
Data Collection Procedures:
The following procedures will be used to collect data:
1. Data will be collected from medical records and patient surveys. The patient surveys will be conducted through telephone interviews.
2. Data collection will be conducted by trained research assistants who will ensure the accuracy and completeness of data collection.
3. Data collection will be conducted over a period of six months.
Data Analysis Plan:
The following processes will be used to analyze the data:
1. Frequency counts and percentages will be computed for the study variables.
2. The mean and standard deviation will be computed for the continuous variables.
3. Cross-tabulations and Chi-square tests will be used to examine the relationships between the study variables.
4. Regression analysis will be used to examine the effects of the intervention on patient satisfaction, length of stay, and cost savings.
In conclusion, the proposed measures and procedures for data collection and analysis will provide an effective way to evaluate the impact of the intervention on various factors. These measures and procedures provide a reliable way to collect and analyze data and help to ensure that the research project is successful.