What are some best practices for presenting best practices of managing hypertension simultaneously with diabetes in the context of the interprofessional team?
Your Journal assignment should:
- clearly establish and maintain the viewpoint and purpose of the assignment;
- follow the conventions of Standard English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.);
- be well ordered, logical, and unified, as well as original and insightful;
- display superior content, organization, style, and mechanics; and
- use APA 6th edition format for crediting sources.
- The reference should be scholarly papers from 2013 to 2018.
Expert Solution Preview
Introduction: The management of hypertension and diabetes simultaneously requires effective interprofessional team collaboration to achieve positive patient outcomes. As a medical professor, it is essential to equip students with best practices for managing these conditions. This journal assignment outlines some best practices for presenting these practices in the context of the interprofessional team.
1. Clearly define the scope and purpose of the presentation: Before presenting the best practices, it is essential to clarify the scope and purpose of the presentation. The presentation should outline the specific areas that will be addressed, including medication management, lifestyle modifications, and patient education. It should also provide an overview of the expected outcomes and benefits of implementing these best practices.
2. Emphasize the importance of interprofessional collaboration: Managing hypertension and diabetes requires a team-based approach, involving healthcare professionals from various disciplines. It is crucial to emphasize the significance of each team member’s role and how their contributions can lead to better patient outcomes.
3. Use evidence-based practice guidelines: When presenting best practices, it is essential to use evidence-based practice guidelines from reputable sources such as the American Diabetes Association and the American Heart Association. This approach helps to ensure that the practices presented are backed by scientific research and proven to be effective.
4. Encourage discussion and feedback: Encourage active participation from the interprofessional team by allowing time for discussion and feedback. This approach fosters collaborative learning and encourages team members to share their experiences and insights, leading to improved patient care.
5. Provide ongoing education and training: As new research and guidelines emerge, it is essential to provide ongoing education and training to the interprofessional team to ensure they remain up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in managing hypertension and diabetes.
American Diabetes Association. (2017). Standards of medical care in diabetes. Diabetes Care, 40(Supplement 1), S1-S135.
American Heart Association. (2017). Guideline for the prevention, detection, evaluation, and management of high blood pressure in adults. Journal of the American College of Cardiology, 71(19), e127-e248.