Your Signature Assignment is your opportunity to combine what you have learned throughout this class and to show how you meet the learning outcomes of your program.
For this assignment:
- Select a population with a health disparity.
- Describe the factors that contribute to the disparity: cultural, environmental, religious, etc.
- What systems are in place to remedy this situation?
- Design a health promotion program that addresses solutions to the disparity in a culturally competent way.
- What barriers will be faced by the population? What barriers will be faced by the public health professionals?
- What systems will need to be in place to ensure appropriate utilization?
- Your paper should be five to seven pages in length (excluding cover page and reference page).
- Use APA (6th ed.) format to style your paper and to cite your sources. Integrate your sources into the paragraphs and use internal citations pointing to evidence in the literature and supporting your ideas. You will need to include a reference page listing those sources.
See the rubric for specific grading criteria.
Due: Sunday, 11:59 p.m. (Pacific time)
Expert Solution Preview
Question 1: What is the purpose of the Signature Assignment?
Answer: The purpose of the Signature Assignment is to provide students with an opportunity to showcase what they have learned throughout the class, and to demonstrate how they meet the learning outcomes of their program. The assignment requires students to select a population with a health disparity, describe the contributing factors, identify existing systems to remedy the situation, design a culturally competent health promotion program to address the disparity, evaluate potential barriers, and propose systems for ensuring appropriate utilization.
Question 2: What are the specific requirements for the Signature Assignment?
Answer: The Signature Assignment requires students to select a specific population with a health disparity, identify the factors contributing to the disparity, describe existing systems to remedy the situation, design a culturally competent health promotion program to address the disparity, evaluate potential barriers faced by the population and public health professionals, and propose systems for ensuring appropriate utilization. The paper should be 5-7 pages long, follow APA (6th ed.) formatting guidelines, and include in-text citations and a reference list. The assignment is worth 200 points and is due by Sunday at 11:59 p.m. (Pacific time).