Describe different quality methods within healthcare.
Chaparral Regional Hospital is a small, urban hospital of approximately 60 beds, and offers the following:
- Emergency room services
- Intensive care
- Surgical care
- Diagnostic services
- Some rehabilitation therapies
- Inpatient pharmacy services
- Geriatric services
- Consumer physician referral services
- Recently, the CEO has been hearing complaints from both patients and staff, varying from long wait times to rude physicians. You have been hired to design and implement a Quality Improvement Plan to help uncover quality problems and to satisfactorily resolve them.InstructionsThe CEO has received some resistance from the Board on undertaking a QI program. She has asked you to develop a set of talking points on the pros and cons of common measurement techniques used in healthcare that she can use the next time she runs into a Board member.Talking points are used to quickly explain something by condensing it into a compelling, but easily digestible, list. If the goal is to increase support for a QI program, the talking points must provide the ideas she needs to convey in order to achieve the goal.Your talking points should be submitted in a Word document. Your talking points should include the pros and cons of implementing a QI program.
- Upon completion of your talking points, please prepare a PowerPoint presentation (or other shareable Webware/software you prefer) with narration where you will explain each talking point to the CEO so they clearly understand and can answer questions from the Board.APA formatting for the talking points, and proper grammar, punctuation, and form are required.
- Length of PowerPoint is secondary to the quality of the presentation as a whole.
- Highlight specific pros and cons of QI programs.
- Use the Notes area on each slide as needed to expand on the key points.
- You may use a free screen capture site such as Screencast-O-Matic to record a video of your presentation. Screencast-O-Matic is a site and program that can perform screen desk and audio capture up to 15 minutes for free, and can be utilized on a Windows or Mac computer. (Note: You can use a similar program if you prefer. Screencast-O-Matic is just one suggestion). Make sure that both your voice and the PowerPoint slides are captured on the video.
- Your audio presentation should include an introduction, a concise discussion of each slide, and a conclusion. Make sure to use audience-specific language and tone in your PowerPoint. Remember, you would be presenting this to the CEO of your facility. The presentation will be assessed on your overall knowledge of the content, clarity of your voice, pronunciation of words, organization of your presentation, proper recording of your presentation, overall aesthetics and professionalism, and general clarity of your presentation.Your presentation should be 10 minutes or less. Make sure to address the following:
- Include a link to the location of your live video on the last slide of your PowerPoint presentation.
- Make sure to use audience specific language and tone in your PowerPoint. Remember, you would be presenting this to the management team at your location.
Save both your paper and PowerPoint presentation to a folder on your computer. Then, zip or compress your folder. Upload the zipped folder (with both the paper and PowerPoint) to the assignment drop box.APA formatting for the References slide, and proper grammar, punctuation, and form are required.
Expert Solution Preview
Quality Improvement (QI) programs in healthcare are essential to identify and resolve quality issues that concern patients and staff. This task focuses on outlining the pros and cons of different quality methods within healthcare to support the implementation of a QI program at Chaparral Regional Hospital. Talking points and a PowerPoint presentation will be developed to present to the CEO, who faces resistance from the Board.
QI programs in healthcare have both pros and cons, and it is important to highlight them while promoting their implementation in Chaparral Regional Hospital. The following are some talking points with the advantages and drawbacks of QI programs:
– QI programs enable the identification of quality issues that affect patients and staff, which can help improve their satisfaction with the hospital.
– They facilitate the collection of data that can be used to monitor the effectiveness of interventions and identify areas for future improvement.
– They can increase the efficiency of hospital processes, which can reduce wait times, save costs, and increase revenue.
– They can enhance the hospital’s reputation by demonstrating its commitment to improving the quality of care provided to patients.
– They meet regulatory requirements and accreditation standards, which can prevent penalties and financial sanctions.
– Implementing QI programs requires a significant investment of time and resources, which may pose challenges for small-scale hospitals like Chaparral Regional Hospital.
– Resistance to change from staff members who have been practicing in the same way for years can hinder the implementation of QI programs.
– The data collected through QI programs may not always represent the entire picture, which may lead to inaccurate conclusions and inappropriate interventions.
– The success of QI programs depends on the willingness of staff members to participate and support them, which may require additional training and motivation.
– The benefits of QI programs may not be immediately visible or tangible, which may discourage continued support from the hospital’s leadership and staff.
In summary, implementing a QI program can be daunting, but it can lead to significant improvements in the quality of care provided to patients at Chaparral Regional Hospital. The talking points and PowerPoint presentation can be used to address the Board’s concerns and promote the benefits of QI programs.