Provide an executive summary to your team on how to credential providers. You will need to consider the following:
- Type of provider being credentialed
- Steps they will go thru to be credentialed
- Educational background needed
- Does this provider have an NPI number?
- State the provider will work in
- Is there a standard application?
- Is an onsite visit needed; why or why not
- Who gets credentialed (list at least 5 specialties)
- Are all facilities credentialed?
Expert Solution Preview
Executive Summary: Credentialing Providers
When credentialing providers, it is important to consider the type of provider being credentialed and the steps they will go through to be credentialed. The provider should have the necessary educational background and an NPI number. The state in which the provider will work should be identified, and it should be determined whether a standard application is available. An onsite visit may or may not be necessary, depending on the circumstances.
The specialties that will be credentialed should be identified, with at least five specialties listed. Not all facilities will necessarily be credentialed, depending on the needs of the organization.