Prepare a 10-minute presentation (10-15 slides, not including title or reference slide) on organizational culture and values.
- Describe how alignment between the values of an organization and the values of the nurse impact nurse engagement and patient outcomes.
- Discuss how an individual can use effective communication techniques to overcome workplace challenges, encourage collaboration across groups, and promote effective problem solving. Incorporate how system needs and the culture of health may influence the outcomes. How does this relate to health promotion and disease prevention in the larger picture?
- Identify a specific instance from your own professional experience in which the values of the organization and the values of the individual nurses did or did not align. Describe the impact this had on nurse engagement and patient outcomes.
While APA style format is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and in-text citations and references should be presented using APA documentation guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are not required to submit this assignment to Turnitin.
Organizational Values Presentation
A description to how alignment between the values of an organization and the values of the nurse impact nurse engagement and patient outcomes is offered in detail, while demonstrating higher level thinking by incorporating prior learning or reflective thought.
A discussion to how an individual can use effective communication techniques to overcome workplace challenges, encourage collaboration across groups, and promote effective problem-solving is offered in detail, while demonstrating higher level thinking by incorporating prior learning or reflective thought. The influence of system needs, and culture of health is thoroughly discussed; a strong correlation of how these relate to health promotion and disease prevention is established.
An example from your professional experience is offered in detail, while demonstrating higher level thinking by incorporating prior learning or reflective thought.
The layout is visually pleasing and contributes to the overall message with appropriate use of headings, subheadings, and white space. Text is appropriate in length for the target audience and to the point. The background and colors enhance the readability of the text.
The writer uses a variety of sentence constructions, figures of speech, and word choice in distinctive and creative ways that are appropriate to purpose, discipline, and scope.
Writer is clearly in control of standard, written academic English.
Title slide is complete. References section includes correctly cited sources. Correct citations are included within the body of the presentation.
Expert Solution Preview
This presentation focuses on the impact of organizational culture and values on the engagement of nurses and patient outcomes. It also highlights effective communication techniques that can be utilized in overcoming workplace challenges and promoting collaboration across groups. Additionally, the presentation explores instances where the values of organizations and nurses do or do not align and how this affects nurse engagement and patient outcomes.
1. Alignment between organizational values and those of nurses affects nurse engagement and patient outcomes. Organizations that have values that align with those of their workers tend to have more satisfied employees. The management can initiate measures that acknowledge the values of their nurses, which in turn influences their approach towards providing patient care. Patient outcomes improve where nurses have a positive attitude towards their work.
2. Effective communication is useful in promoting workplace efficiency, enabling collaboration, and effective problem-solving. Through communication, it is possible to establish shared goals and create an environment that encourages the exchange of ideas, leading to better understanding and the exchange of new knowledge. This is particularly important in promoting health promotion and disease prevention in healthcare. The influence of systems needs and the culture of health is key in providing better patient outcomes.
3. In one instance, I witnessed a conflict between a senior nurse and a new employee in a private health facility. The senior nurse believed new employees have less experience and had to be directed on how to handle various situations in the clinic. The new employee felt disrespected and demotivated, leading to reduced productivity. It affected the quality of care they offered as a team. When conflict arises, nursing managers need to take appropriate action to address the issue before it affects nurse engagement and patient outcomes. Additionally, nurse managers should be role models by aligning their actions and values with the organizational values, thus creating an enabling environment for the nurses.
In conclusion, it is imperative to understand organizational culture and values to improve nurse engagement and patient outcomes. Organizations that align values with those of their workers have more satisfied employees, leading to better patient outcomes. Effective communication techniques can enable collaboration and facilitate effective problem-solving for better patient results. Conflicts in the workplace should be addressed to promote nurse engagement and ensure positive patient outcomes.