Course Project: Long-Term Care Facilities II
Working on the same two facilities that you identified in W3 Assignment 2, prepare a Microsoft Word document including the following:
- Describe the roles and responsibilities of the administration in each department of your chosen facilities.
- Identify and list the sources of financing available to consumers for the various programs provided by your chosen facilities. Identify the key public and private sources of reimbursement available. Also discuss the role played by managed care and its impact on long-term care reimbursement.
- Describe the various government and private resources available that assist in developing and maintaining quality improvement programs in your chosen facilities. Describe the ways in which quality and cost are controlled in your chosen facilities. Also discuss the ethical aspect of access to care in the facilities, including rationing.
Based on your observations and learning from the two facilities, discuss the changes brought in the long-term care system to make it reach full status as a competition-driven system. You may include the following points in your discussion:
- Discuss the changes made in the control mechanisms (external and internal) in order to control the management, financing, and quality in the long-term care systems.
- Discuss the changes taking place in long-term care reimbursement system in order to provide better reimbursement options both to consumers and providers.
- Discuss the changes made in the efforts of providers to accommodate changing magnitude of the day-to-day needs of long-term care consumers.
To support your work, use your course and textbook readings and also use the South University Online Library. As in all assignments, cite your sources in your work and provide references for the citations in APA format.
- Your assignment should be addressed in an 8- to 10-page document.
- Submit your document to the Submissions Area by the due date assigned.
Expert Solution Preview
This assignment requires the students to prepare an 8-10 page document describing the roles and responsibilities of the administration in each department of the two chosen long-term care facilities, sources of financing available for the various programs provided, government and private resources available for quality improvement programs, ethical aspects of access to care, and the changes brought in the long-term care system to make it a competition-driven system.
The first part of the assignment requires the students to describe the roles and responsibilities of the administration in each department of their chosen long-term care facilities. The administration of a long-term care facility is composed of individuals who are responsible for running the day-to-day operations of the facility. This includes managers, directors, and supervisors who oversee specific departments such as nursing, social work, rehabilitation, dietary, and environmental services.
The nursing department is responsible for providing care to the residents and ensuring that their medical needs are met. The nursing administration is responsible for ensuring that the nursing staff is adequately trained and supervised, and that the facility is in compliance with state and federal regulations. The social work department is responsible for addressing the social, emotional, and psychological needs of the residents and their families. The rehabilitation department is responsible for providing physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech therapy to the residents. The dietary department is responsible for providing nutritious meals that meet the dietary needs of the residents. The environmental services department is responsible for maintaining a clean and safe living environment for the residents.
In conclusion, the roles and responsibilities of the administration in each department of a long-term care facility are diverse and important. Each department has its own unique responsibility in ensuring that the residents receive quality care and live in a safe and comfortable environment.