Prior to beginning work on this assignment, review the Health informatics resources tip sheetLinks to an external site. to find articles in the University of Arizona Global Campus Library.
The literature review is an important aspect of any piece of research. It provides background information on a topic and allows the researcher to determine gaps in the studies that should be researched further.
For this assignment:
- Select a health issue/concern in a health-related area of interest to you (e.g., heart disease, diabetes, substance abuse)
- Research the University of Arizona Global Campus Library for information on that particular topic
- Find at least six studies that address this area of concern
- Write a three to four page literature review, which summarizes what you learned from your research in the library
- In your conclusion, assess the potential recommendations for future research (what specifically should be further studied to uncover ways to address this concern, or determine what surveillance techniques could be used to monitor the health problem, etc.) NOTE: You are not to recommend programs that should be developed to address this problem, your focus is on research, not program development. Think about this question: what do we need to discover through research to further address (or understand?) this issue?
Carefully review the Grading RubricLinks to an external site. for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.
Expert Solution Preview
As a medical professor, it is important to guide students on conducting literature reviews, as this is a crucial aspect of research. In this assignment, students are required to select a health issue or concern that is of interest to them and conduct research from the University of Arizona Global Campus Library. The aim is to summarize what was learned from the research and assess potential recommendations for future research.
The literature review is essential for any research work as it provides a background to the topic, and also allows the researcher to determine areas where further studies are needed. For this assignment, I would suggest that students pick a health issue that they are passionate about, such as heart disease, diabetes, substance abuse, or any other health concern that affects the community.
After selecting a topic, students should then conduct research on the University of Arizona Global Campus Library to find at least six studies that address this area of concern. They should then write a three to four-page literature review report that summarizes the findings from the research.
In the conclusion section, students should assess the potential recommendations for future research, including what specifically should be further studied to uncover ways to address this concern or identify surveillance techniques that could be used to monitor the health problem.
It is important to reiterate that the focus of the assignment is research-oriented and not to recommend programs that will address the health issue. Rather, students should think about what needs to be discovered through research to further address or make strides toward understanding this issue.
In evaluating the assignment, I recommend that students pay attention to the grading rubric, which outlines the criteria that will be used to evaluate their assignment. This will ensure that they stay focused and provide a comprehensive literature review that meets the requirements of the assignment.