In this unit, you will become the marketing expert of a select healthcare system.
By the end of this unit, you will be able to proficiently elaborate how
healthcare marketing principles and theories can maximize effectiveness of a
specific healthcare system.
To begin, select one of the following healthcare systems that you would like to
explore for this unit:
- Assisted living (My choice)
The healthcare system that you selected will be the foundation for your Unit 2
- Discuss how your selected healthcare system can legally market their
services and products (e.g., federal requirements, state mandates,
- Defend three (3) marketing principles and/or theories that you believe are
most promising for your healthcare system
- Research a real-life healthcare system that matches the system you selected
and synthesize the success of its marketing efforts
- Report your findings by using one (1) of the methods below:
- 4-5 page fact sheet for the general community.
- Letter to the CEO of your selected healthcare system.
- Power Point presentation for a Board of Directors (10-12 slides;
speaker notes as needed to support assertions).
- The use of first person is permitted for this assignment. APA formatting
(e.g., title page, conclusion, reference page, etc.) should not be
- Although the use of APA formatting is not required for this assignment,
proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation are expected.
Expert Solution Preview
Q: Discuss how your selected healthcare system can legally market their services and products (e.g., federal requirements, state mandates, etc.)
Assisted living facilities can legally market their services and products through various avenues, as long as they follow the regulations set by the state and federal government. The federal government regulates assisted living facilities through the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), which sets standards for quality of care, safety, and business practices that facilities must follow to participate in government-sponsored programs.
Assisted living facilities must comply with the Federal Trade Commission’s (FTC) regulations on advertising, which mandate that all advertising materials must be truthful, not misleading, and must not omit any critical facts. The FTC also provides guidelines on testimonials and endorsements, disclosure requirements, and comparative advertising.
State regulations also govern how assisted living facilities can market their services and products. In many states, assisted living facilities must register with the state and must not engage in any deceptive or unfair marketing practices. Some states have specific requirements for assisted living facility contracts, including guidelines for contract termination and refund policies.
Overall, assisted living facilities must comply with federal and state regulations to market their services and products legally. They must be truthful in their advertising materials and disclose all necessary information about their facility and services.