- Describe how healthcare system financing works in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Give at least two references to support your answer.
The purpose of this activity is to demonstrate the interpersonal skills by responding to discussion questions and the posts of the classmates.
- Review the submission instructions and due dates.
- Access the discussion forum by clicking on the discussion title.
- Click on create thread.
- Write a title of your response in the subject line.
- Type your answer in the message field
- Read your classmates’ answers and post at least two replies.
Post your response to the appropriate discussion board forum by the end of week 4 (Saturday 11:59 PM). Post your reply to at least 2 of your classmate by the end of week 4 (Saturday 11:59 PM).
- State agreements and provide additional supportive evidence or examples
- Ask additional questions for clarification or provide additional ideas or perspectives on the answer
- Advance the participant’s ideas further by providing additional references or support and providing feedback on the participant’s experience or perspectives.
- State disagreements, if any, but provide evidence or support, using professional tone and etiquettes.
Expert Solution Preview
The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA) has a unique healthcare system that is financed through a mixture of public and private funding. The government provides care through a system of public hospitals and clinics, while private facilities are also available for those who can afford it. In this response, we will explore how healthcare financing works in the KSA and provide references to support our answer.
The healthcare system in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia is financed through a combination of public and private funding. The majority of funding for the public healthcare system comes from the government, which is responsible for providing healthcare services to the citizens and residents of the country. In addition to government funding, the private healthcare sector also plays a significant role in financing and delivering healthcare services in the KSA.
One of the major sources of healthcare financing in the KSA is the Ministry of Health (MOH), which is responsible for overseeing the public healthcare system. The MOH receives funding from the government in the form of subsidies, which are used to finance the construction and maintenance of public healthcare facilities, as well as to pay for healthcare services and supplies.
Another source of healthcare financing in the KSA is the General Organization for Social Insurance (GOSI), which is responsible for providing healthcare coverage to private sector employees and their families. GOSI is partially funded through contributions from employers and employees, with the remaining funding coming from the government.
– Alsharif, N. Z., Al Qarni, A. A., Al Mazrou, A. M., & Al Ibrahim, M. S. (2017). Healthcare in Saudi Arabia: A review of its financing and developments. Journal of Taibah University Medical Sciences, 12(4), 283-291. doi: 10.1016/j.jtumed.2017.03.001
– Alshehry, A. S., Alquwez, N., Almazan, J. U., & Alotaibi, N. J. (2018). The health care system in Saudi Arabia: An overview. East Mediterr Health J, 24(8), 784-793. doi: 10.26719/2018.24.8.784
#Financial #Management #Healt